(click to enlarge)
Using PS7 (I'm using Selective Colouring, so I apologize to those of you who don't have it).
• Choose your image. Sharpen it once if you think it really needs it. I did.
• Duplicate your base and set it to Screen 21%.
• Duplicate your base again and drag it to the top. Set to Soft Light 61%.
• Merge all layers. This is now your new base.
• Duplicate your base and set it to Screen 36%.
• Go to Layer > New Adjustment Layer > Hue/Saturation.
• Go to Layer > New Adjustment Layer > Selective Colour.
• Duplicate your base and drag it to the top. Set to Soft Light.
• Make a new layer and stamp your image (you could just merge here, but I like to save my psd files so I can write tutorials if asked to do one or something).
• Duplicate that and desaturate. Copy/paste onto a new canvas. Resize it so it's somewhat smaller.
• Use the Circle Selection tool to select a part of the desaturated image.
• Go back to your first canvas. Delete the desaturated part.
• Go and copy that circle you made. Paste it onto the coloured image. Place where you'd like. Duplicate it and set it to Overlay 50%.
• Paste this texture by lovelamp. Set to Screen.
• Add text and you're done!
If you're at all confused on what I explained, here's a picture of my layers palette:
Don't use this tutorial step by step.
Play with the opacities, make some adjustments here and there. It won't work with all pictures, so change it so it can. :)
I'd love to see what you get and what you think!
Like this tutorial and want to see more by me? Join this community! :)